We are looking for a strong web developer to join our team in building rich web applications and clients for Trov’s products. Our developers work remotely and we are currently accepting applicants in the USA and Canada. This is a full-time position; no contractors, please!
Skills & Requirements
- Experience working with REST APIs
- Working knowledge of CSS best practices, basic styling ability
- Interest in writing unit tests (Mocha, Jasmine, Chai, Sinon, etc)
- Comfortable with git and GitHub (or equivalent)
- BS in computer science or equivalent experience
Nice to have
- Past experience with distributed/remote teams
- Working knowledge of basic Agile principles
- REST-ful API design experience
- Experience with:
- Node.js, AngularJS, Flow, TypeScript
- SASS, LESS, or other CSS preprocessors
- AWS (EC2, S3) or Azure
- Continuous integration, specifically Jenkins
- Contributions to open-source projects
About the Technology Team
We’re quite proud to score 12/12 on the Joel Test and value continuous learning / improvement, open-mindedness, and dedication to excellence. Our ecosystem presents plenty of interesting challenges: from cross-device syncing to fine-grained security, from data warehousing to scalability.
For client development we use the native tools for iOS (Objective-C/Swift) and Android (Java). The server is written in C# with MySQL and MongoDB for storage and data warehousing. The web portals use Node.js and React/Redux with the entire infrastructure hosted on AWS. We are flexible, iterate quickly, and focus on securing private data while providing our customers with a great experience.