We are looking for a strong Android developer to join our team in building Trov’s mobile client application. All our developers work remotely and we are currently accepting applicants in the USA and Canada. This is a full-time position; no contractors, please!
Skills & Requirements
- Significant real-world experience in Android development*
- Deep understanding of / experience with refactoring and architecture
- Working experience with unit / automated tests
- Experience with git and GitHub (or equivalent)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Nice to have
- Past experience with distributed/remote teams
- Working knowledge of basic agile principles
- User experience ability; we have designers but developers should have a vision about what makes a great Android application. Custom UI experience a bonus.
- Experience with:
- REST and JSON
- SQLite, Retrofit, Dagger, Butterknife, Otto, Picasso, Google Play Services, Crashlytics (Fabric), RxJava
- Continuous integration, specifically Jenkins
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Exceptions may be made for strong candidates who have proven their abilities in other environments and want to transition to Android development.
About the Technology Team
We’re quite proud to score 12/12 on the Joel Test and value continuous learning / improvement, open-mindedness, and dedication to excellence. Our ecosystem presents plenty of interesting challenges: from cross-device syncing to fine-grained security, from data warehousing to scalability.
For client development we use the native tools for iOS (Objective-C/Swift) and Android (Java). The server is written in C# with MySQL and MongoDB for storage and data warehousing. The web portals use Node.js and React/Redux with the entire infrastructure hosted on AWS. We are flexible, iterate quickly, and focus on securing private data while providing our customers with a great experience.