(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our software operates with efficient ease. Building and operating data centers the "right" way from the day we break ground and go live is synonymous with ensuring capacity availability and capital conservatism. Designing, constructing, operating and continually, innovating the infrastructure within our data centers are fundamental to providing high availability, the capacity to meet our extreme growth demands and obtaining the most robust and cost-effective online service in the world! Facebook is seeking a seasoned professional to join our Pre-Construction team as a Knowledge Manager. The purpose of Facebook's Knowledge Share Initiative is to directly assist the ICM group's mission by sharing information and knowledge that drives innovation, high-quality construction projects and minimizes overall risk to Facebook. The Knowledge Manager will have global responsibility to develop and champion the Knowledge Share Initiative influencing the outcome of dozens of data center campus programs and projects. By partnering with our general contractors, subcontractors, design professionals and vendors, the Knowledge Manager will drive a culture of collaboration and learning unparalleled in the data center construction industry. This role will work closely with our external partners (general contractors, key MEP subcontractors, and vendors) to help develop their organization's strategic and long-range goal planning functions related to FB future projects. Finally, we expect this role will also create industry-leading vision and strategy to help scale our construction operations.
This position is full-time and located in our Menlo Park Headquarters. However, the project locations will be spread across North America and the world. Managing stakeholders found across all regions and time zones is a significant challenge and is key to the success of our projects.
- Drive execution consistency across the portfolio by engaging with internal program managers and external build partners to identify gaps and develop lasting solutions.
- Streamline existing construction processes and minimize first-time mistakes and repeating errors.
- Explore the use and application of Lean construction methodologies in our program.
- Facilitate leadership summits and develop a collaboration platform in order to bridge gaps and support knowledge transfer across organizational boundaries.
- Build relationships and foster and encourage a high-performing, knowledge sharing culture.
- Support learning and engagement between GCs, our subcontractors, designers and equipment vendors.
- Measure impact of new initiatives, report results and course correct, as necessary.
- Drive strategic initiatives, and support the development of long-term growth plans and delivery goals.
- Analyze and recommend emerging industry trends, expansion opportunities, including mergers and acquisitions, competitive threats, the viability of outside business partners, internal business performance and business process improvement.
- Provide leadership to understand, collaborate, and influence across the organizations that connect with the Infrastructure team.
- Coordinate multiple stakeholder requirements to develop and define the program requirements.
- Interface with a wide variety of internal and external teams to develop a program strategy.
- Considerable travel, approximately 40%, domestic and international is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or equivalent technical degree and/or 15+ years direct experience in project planning and construction management.
- Knowledge in design and deployment of technical electrical and mechanical systems.
- Experience with a variety of construction contract delivery methods including design/build, management contracting and traditional approaches.
- Experience managing contractors, subcontractor and vendor relationships with a knowledge in standard practices in the design and construction industry.
- Experience with greenfield site development, ground-up and retrofit construction.
- Leadership and collaboration experience to lead a team towards a single project outcome.
- Experience working with local, state, domestic and international construction build codes and health & safety requirements.
- Communications/reporting experience.
- Demonstrated problem-solving experience and track record of thinking strategically and executing tactically.
- Knowledge in Primavera P6, MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We're proud to be the #1 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor's Employees' Choice awards. Learn more:
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.