(New York, NY)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Our communities use Facebook, Instagram, and Messenger to connect with people, causes and brands they care about. As a result, more than three million businesses use our mobile apps and services to deliver highly engaging, personalized marketing at massive scale. You can play a key part leading that growth on our Global Business Marketing team.
We are looking for a seasoned, strategic marketer who will manage various programs specific to the US Business Marketing team, but also extending to North America and Latin America. You will be responsible for contributing to and executing individual events that support overall sales goals, marketing plans and key message before, during and after the event.
As the Head of US, Americas you’ll be responsible for evolving the vision, strategy and ways of working for the overall team, leading a team of four people across the country. You’ll work closely with your peers on the Americas and Face-to-Face Marketing team to scale experiences, maximize efficiencies and cultivate new ideas that benefit all our Face-to-Face programs globally.
The successful candidate will have a marketing industry background that includes people management, marketing strategy, developing and producing multi-channel event programs through solid positioning, messaging, event planning, project management, contract negotiating, and cross-functional relations, that ensure Facebook is positioned as the strongest marketing platform in the world.
This position is full-time and is based in New York.
- Continued evolution of the vision, strategy, and ways of working for our US team
- Lead a team of 4+ people in two cities and onboard new team members to support growth
- Manage a full-time agency partnership in support of US day-to-day operational needs
- Collaborate with North American leads to develop 360-degree event marketing strategies that include input from cross-functional teams and align with overall Facebook strategy and branding
- Evaluate and report on events' success as part of overall business goals
- Develop and review creative concepts for events and work with marketing teams and GMS partners to build and enhance programs
- Drive team efficiencies through effective planning with the Americas team, Face-to-Face Marketing team as well as cross-functional partners (North America marketing, Agency, Sales, Product, Creative, & PR)
- Drive consistency of programs strategically, functionally and creatively to ensure alignment with the Facebook family of brands and strategize activations that bring our products and services to life
- Share best practices and scale assets, partner with North America leadership to ensure programs are a growth driver for our business
- Work with Facebook leaders to ensure programs delivered are consistent with Global Business Marketing objectives
- Manage relationships with internal facilities, catering and event operations teams to align on ongoing event needs
- Work with our sales operations team on measuring impact, foster feedback with cross-functional teams to continually measure event effectiveness, define and refine event metrics as part of overall marketing effectiveness
- P&L responsibility, including budget and planning for the US programs
- 10+ years experience working with cross-functional teams or stakeholders
- Leadership experience, and experience building, leading and inspiring a team
- Knowledge of today's advertising, marketing and media landscape
- Experience creating and evolving experiences that showcase product offerings
- Direct experience concepting and developing programming for event marketing programs
- Direct experience managing advertising industry events
- Agency experience across key marketer audiences (agency, brand, direct response, developers)
- Project management experience
- Experience working across various levels of the organization
- Experience managing projects and budgets
- Experience managing all aspects of a program in an organization
- Knowledge of marketing landscape
- 12+ years of marketing strategy experience in the advertising, marketing technology, or media industry
- Desire to consistently enhance programs, bringing new ideas to the table
- Ability to work well under pressure with tight deadlines, while managing several programs simultaneously
We're proud to be the #1 Best Place to Work on Glassdoor's Employees' Choice awards. Learn more:
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1 650-308-7837.